Warehouse Associate Positions
Our mission since 1947 has been to help families stay active. We provide an incredibly fun experience, where every purchase and every booking helps provide equipment and registration for a child in need. Our goal is for Atlantic Canada to have the highest participation rate of children in recreational sports. Every Warehouse rental helps give forward toward this mission. We are Giving Forward Together.
As a Warehouse Training Centre Associate we are looking for those that go above and beyond to service our customers. We want enthusiastic, energetic and active leaders who are passionate about sports. The successful candidate will display the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment. Attention to detail, task driven and result focused are key metrics in this position. Our goal is to create a welcoming environment that ensures our customers are actively engaged & having fun. As a member of the Sportwheels team representing our brand, we are looking for those with an outgoing persona and are comfortable engaging with our customers.
KEY ASSETS WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Those currently participating in sports and activities, and are passionate about living a healthy, active lifestyle.
- Strong work ethic & dependability.
- A commitment to be fully engaged when at work.
- Possessing leadership skills and a vibrant and confident personality.
- Willingness to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities
- Creative at problem solving with empathetic and positive attitude
- Available to work a varied schedule of days, evenings, weekends.
- Excitement to join us in supporting community events that we may be involved with
- Willingness to learn new skills, both inside and outside The Warehouse & Sportwheels
- Past retail experience would be ideal, but not required.
Hours Per Week:
- Full-Time 20-40hrs per week.
- Must be available evenings and weekends.
- Annual Sportwheels Store Credit Bonus of $750.00 (full-time employees).
- Access to our massive sporting goods supply at wholesale pricing.
- Flexible vacation and time off requests.
- Blue Cross Medical Plan (full-time employees).
- Available funds for employees who want to organize a group or community event for other team members to participate in.
- Free Onsite Parking & Wifi.
Hourly and Salary compensation is based on industry experience. We take pride in fairly compensating our team based on their experience, work ethic, flexibility and responsibility.
*Further details and probation period can be discussed in an interview.
The Warehouse Training Centre is an extension of our family business Sportwheels Sports Excellence. Some employees transitioned between both our businesses to maximize their experience and growth opportunities.
Sportwheels Sports Excellence and The Warehouse is an independent sporting goods store and Training Centre located in Lower Sackville, Nova Scotia. This family owned business has been operating for over 75 years. Some of the things we offer but are not limited to is, flexible scheduling, competitive wages, aggressive staff discounts, and above all a fun family work setting. Are you the type of person who wants more than just a job, and would like to join us in making a difference in our community? Send us a 60 second video and/or your resume.