Baseball Coaching Staff
Our mission since 1947 has been to help families stay active. We provide an incredibly fun experience, where every purchase and every booking helps provide equipment and registration for children in need. Our goal is for Atlantic Canada to have the highest participation rate of children and teens in recreational sports. Every Warehouse rental helps give forward toward this mission.
Our Baseball Coaching Programs are going fast, and we are looking to add another Jr. Baseball Coach to our team of trainers. We are looking for those that go above and beyond to service our customers. We want enthusiastic, energetic and active leaders who are passionate about Baseball. The successful candidate will display the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment. Our goal is to create a welcoming environment that ensures our customers are actively engaged & having fun. As a member of the Sportwheels team representing our brand, we are looking for those with an outgoing persona and are comfortable engaging with our customers.
We are looking for those experienced and confident in teaching beginner to intermediate level ball players in the following areas:
- Improving the fundamentals of the game and teaching young players new skills,
- Approach to hitting, pitch selection and recognition
- Throwing, focusing on mechanics and arm care
- Fielding, defensive positioning and game strategies
- Tactical Baserunning
- Helping young aspiring athletes improve their mechanics, fundamentals and mental game.
KEY ASSETS WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Those with an extensive history participating in baseball.
- Strong work ethic & dependability.
- A commitment to be fully engaged when at work.
- Possessing leadership skills and a vibrant and confident personality.
- Willingness to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities
- Empathetic and positive attitude
- Available to work a varied schedule of days, evenings, weekends.
Hours Per Week:
- Full-Time 6 to 20hrs per week.
- Must be available evenings and weekends.
Hourly and Salary:
Compensation is based on industry experience. We take pride in fairly compensating our team based on their experience, work ethic, flexibility and responsibility. Further details and probation period can be discussed in an interview.
The Warehouse Training Centre is an extension of our family business Sportwheels Sports Excellence. Some employees transitioned between both our businesses to maximize their experience and growth opportunities.
Sportwheels Sports Excellence & The Warehouse is an independent sporting goods store and Training Centre located in Lower Sackville, Nova Scotia. This family owned business has been operating for over 75 years. Some of the things we offer but are not limited to is, flexible scheduling, competitive wages, aggressive staff discounts, and above all a fun family work setting. Are you the type of person who wants more than just a job, and would like to join us in making a difference in our community? Send us a 60 second video and/or your resume.